Here’s a list of the most commonly asked questions about Etax Local
1. What’s the difference – Etax vs Etax Local?
Etax Local (this website)
- for small business and individuals who don’t want to do their own taxes
- expert tax help by phone, via live chat, or private msessagng.
- small business tax agent and accounting services incl. company, trust and partnership tax returns, SMSF audits and tax returns, accounting and bookkeeping
- a more personalised service – Plus, you can have direct, face to face contact via an Etax Local Member
- Etax Local clients login here
- 1300 174 689
- a self serve platform for individual taxpayers
- do your taxes online right now
- includes tax agent advice; your return is checked by two expert accountants
- a fast, easy ‘DIY’ online service – low fees and expert advice
- Etax clients login here
- start a new Etax tax return
- 1300 693 829 (1300 MY ETAX)
2. What does Etax mean?
It means three things:
- Etax Local (this business) is for small businesses or people who want more personal contact about their taxes and don’t want to DIY.
- Etax.com.au (Etax Accountants) the big sister business to Etax Local. Etax is an DIY online tax agent service that we started in 1998. It’s Australia’s favourite online tax return – fast and easy.
- The ATO provides free software called MyTax, which used to be called e-Tax up until 30th June 2016. MyTax is for people who want to self-prepare and self-lodge a tax return directly to the ATO, without the security and advantages of using a tax agent. It is used by about 25% of Australians.
3. My small business accounts are in order. Can I just send my files and let you do my taxes?
Absolutely! Simply get in touch and we’ll send you a password and login’s for our client portal. You can then upload your documents, communicate with our accountants and even sign your returns electronically. It’s really that simple.
4. My small business accounts are a bit of a mess and I haven’t kept up. Sometimes it stresses me out. What can I do?
First of all, stop worrying! A large percentage of small business owners come to us in the same boat!
Our accounting team is top-notch. We help hundreds of small businesses get their tax and reporting obligations in order every year.
Our team are happy to help you bring your taxes up to date and help you get a better bookkeeping process in place. It’s a great feeling once your books are tidied up and you know the ATO isn’t waiting for you with another amount owing.
Even if there’s a lot of tax owing, we can usually help arrange painless payments and get things on track.
5. What do I need to do my taxes?
Hmmm… The answer to this question is different for different people and is wholley dependent on your employment, business type, investments and other personal circumstances.
To start with, we recommend completing our simple (secure) contact registration form so we can be better informed to advise you more accurately – and supply you with a quote. Don’t worry, there is no obligation to follow through and we won’t hound you.
6. Is there an Etax Local Member nearby to help me?
It’s very likely! Just ring us on 1300 174 689 – we’ll be happy to find the best person to help with your taxes.
7. Can I lodge my first return with Etax Local?
Yes, you are able to lodge your first return with Etax Local. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you are uncertain about what you need to lodge your first tax return.
8. Can I lodge tax returns from previous years?
Yes – your Etax Local Member can help you complete tax returns from earlier years and, in some cases, we can help minimise the ATO penalties you might face for a late return.
Do you have another question? No problem – just call us on 1300 174 689
Alternatively answer a few simple questions about the service you’re after and we’ll get in touch with a quote or some answers for you.